Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Final day of our Holy Land Adventure

Today we went traveled to the Jordan River to visit the spot where Jesus was believed to be baptized by John the Baptist. The river is more like a Mississippi creek as it winds around the Israel and Jordan border. We had an opportunity to dip our feet in the river and collect water from the Jordan. I don't know if children are in my future but if they are I now have very special water for the Baptism. Good thing I'm Methodist since I don't think I could have gathered enough water for dunking :-)

We then viewed the city of Amman and had lunch at a Jordanian barbecue place. It was more like Keifer's on crack. Wow...even picky me loves the food here.

We are now preparing for our flight back home. I am so sad to leave this beautiful land with its beautiful people. Jews, Muslims, and Arabs do get along. Much like America views all Mississippians based on the actions of a few, so does the world judge these people. They are kind, loving, and very accepting. We felt safe and welcomed everywhere we went. There is no need to hide or be embarrassed of our US citizenship here. They welcome us and want to share their history with us.

Come on over and see the land of milk and honey!

I'll have final wrap ups when we get back home and we have a chance to really st down and summarize what a trip like this means.

Now to stay up and party until our 2:40 am flight back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment