Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Renewed Travel 2016

Dad asked me last weekend if I was going to blog during our upcoming trip. I told him I had decided I just couldn't commit to it. I am one of those "12 month" education workers and our summer is BUSY. Sidebar...all educators work 12 months some of us are just lucky enough to be paid for all 12 of them (props to teachers). I'm also teaching 2 online courses for Hinds and wrapping up a hybrid course for Belhaven. Translation: This trip isn't all play...I still have work to do while I manage to have a bit of fun.

Tonight, in between a great visit with a good friend, I've been watching the Sound of Music to prepare for the Salzburg portion of our trip. I found myself wanting to know the names of the places where they are in various scenes. I'm Googling them. I realize yet again travel is about learning. Many times I have referred back to a blog post when asked questions about the places I have visited. Therefore I am committing to blog again. Read it or not...this blog is for me. I can't promise a nightly update but I do promise myself and those that care to read it that I will learn from our local guides and soak up the vivid history of the places in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland we are visiting.

If only I could do trips without packing and airplanes.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment